Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 14, 2011

Glee-full weekend :D

This weekend was a blast. Friday night I went over to Cam & Maria's with Jason and ate TONS of junk food, attempted to play Friends Scene It, and watched some of Natural Born Killers (I've seen it before, but they hadn't). I <3 my besties.

Saturday, Maria and I went to "lawyer Donnie's" and then to lunch. And then spent the rest of the day watching Glee! It was faaaaabulous.

Sunday, Doug and I spent the day alone together, which was a nice change. We watched movies, ate pizza (I'm bad) and cuddled a lot. I gave him his Valentine's Day present (a day early, I couldn't help it!) - a 30-minute jacuzzi soak followed by a 60-minute couples side-by-side massage, complete with complementary Champagne and strawberries. What a romantic Friday night (Feb. 25th) that will be! It will also be our 9 month-a-versary. <3 <3

I'm glad to have had a relaxing weekend. I feel like this week is going to be very tense. I'm supposed to have my first fertility-related acupuncture tonight (I've done it once before, a year or two ago, but not for trying to get pregnant), but I need to call and make sure they don't need money up front. If they do, I'll need to reschedule it for after Thursday's pay day.

Then Wednesday, of course, is HSG (11am) / RE appt (1pm) day. The big day. The test I've been dreading for months, and the appointment I've been looking forward to. Thursday is my first fertility therapist appointment - a therapist that specializes in infertility. I'm hoping she can give me some tips/advice on dealing with the emotional rollercoaster. Sometime the week of the 21st, I should be getting a +OPK and we'll have to schedule the post-coital test (PCT). I'm a bit stressed about letting work know about that. I'm going to have to tell someone sometime this week though.

I wonder if the RE will do/want to do the PCT. It would be easier for me - he's only 15 minutes from my work, whereas my OBGYN is about 40. I also wonder if he'll want to talk about meds, or endo/lap surgery.. or if he'll suggest IUI.. or just tell us to keep doing what we're doing. Who knows! I'm so excited.

Sometime around the 24th, I'll enter the 2ww. The beginning isn't too bad. You've still got beginning-of-the-cycle-optimism syndrome, as I call it lol. That weekend will be great at keeping my/our mind off things. Our Valentine's Day fun on Friday, Badfish (yay!!) concert on Saturday night, and a nice alone day on Sunday. I bet by the time Monday rolls around, I'll (most likely) be 7dpo and THEN the crazy will kick in! The last week of the 2-week-wait is T-O-R-T-U-R-E!!

So, BOTH appointments Wednesday could help us to get pregnant. As could this week's acupuncture appointment. We're taking a lot of steps this cycle! I've also had more than one person mention, *maybe* that (2/7) cyst was preventing us from getting pregnant, and now that it ruptured and is gone, we'll get our BFP.

So, I'm very hopeful for this cycle - lots of things going on different. <3

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to my honey. <3 <3 xoxoxo <3 <3

Funny Pictures - Cute Kittens


2 comments:

Stacy said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best :-)

DH had a doctor's appointment today and learned he has diabetes. His doctor said it could definately be affecting his fertility. So, now DH gets to start taking oral medication to get it under control and he'll reevaluate next month. Dh seems determined to reverse his diagnosis and his doctor seems to feel pretty good about him succeeding. Soooo, that's where we're at on this end. More waiting...

Kelly Jean said...

So sorry about your DH. Hopefully you guys can get that under control. Unfortunately this whooole game is wait wait wait! GL hun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio