Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 25, 2011

Terrible Mommy!

I am such a terrible mommy!

My beautiful baby girl turned TWO on February 3rd, 2011.


Matilda Jane


My first baby girl was Sophie, the Pug.


I bought her from an Upper East side pet store when I dormed in NYC going to acting school. She was such a sweetie, so much fun. I of course brought her with me when I moved back home to Buffalo.

I had to have surgery on my foot and wasn't going to be able to go up and down the stairs to take her outside, so my mom decided to take her for me for a little while. It's been years now, and Sophie has never been to my house again, lol! My mom fell in love with her and kept her.


I then got my little prince, Reese.


I got Reese from a woman in Niagara Falls. He was so tiny and sweet :) But at this time, I was working a lot (a looooot) of hours as a police officer, and I felt bad that my little man was home alone all the time. SO I decided to get another puppy!


I got Matilda from Sunnyview Kennel in Lebanon, Missouri in April of 2009 when she was 10 weeks old. I don't really know what possessed me to get a Maltese, but I don't regret it at all. They are such smart, loyal, sweet dogs.

I remember going to the airport to pick her up where she was safely flown in. She was SO so small. I mean, like 1 lb. I couldn't believe that little puppy flew all that way!! She was a mess and super scared. But I got her home and cleaned up and she seemed to be doing well. I left her in her crate and put it on the floor in the middle of the living room, as I had heard that was how you were supposed to introduce dogs to each other. Reese was sniffing her like crazy and she was getting all excited. I let her out of the crate, and they've been inseperable ever since. :)

She's extremely smart and well behaved. She always goes outside, goes potty, and comes right back in when she's done (unlike her brother!). She catches her treat in mid-air almost every time. And the thing I love most about Matilda is the way she stares into my eyes. Like a newborn baby.. just gazes at me while I rub her belly. She's so sweet and loyal and truly a mama's girl.


Happy Belated Birthday to my sweet princess. <3





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio