Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Crazy.

I knew it was going to happen, but I'm still kind of shocked about it.

This year, my company chose a health insurance plan that had a $1,500 deductible. What that means is you have to "meet" that amount in out of pocket charges before your insurance will "kick" in and pay (usually then a percentage) of your claims. However, they also gave us a $1,000 HRA (health reimbursement account) that we can use for almost anything - meds, doctor's visits, acupuncture, even pregnancy tests. So really we're only responsible for $500 out of pocket before the insurance kicks in.

I knew with all of the fertility testing and doctor's appointments that I'd meet my $1,000 pretty quick. Well, it's only March 2nd and I've met it already. Between the ER for my ruptured ovarian cyst, the HSG test, the RE appt (and things that were done there, such as the vaginal u/s), and my 1 acupuncture appointment - my HRA is exhausted and we're only 2 months into the year. So, now I have to come up with $500 out of pocket - and pretty quick. I have another acupuncture appointment today (rescheduled from yesterday), and if AF comes I'll have to have b/w done and pick up the Rx for Femara.

I'm a little concerned because I got a bill from the RE's office and I was going to submit it for my HRA - I don't know if they submitted it already and it's been paid for, or if the HRA was already exhausted and now I'm responsible for the $300+ bill I received from them. I need to find out.

This isn't really a bad thing, it just happened a lot faster than I thought it would. And $500 really isn't that much in the grand scheme of things, especially in the insurance world. I guess the cost of things really amazes me also.

9dpo today, and I really don't feel a whole lot different than other months. I'm starting to get depressed. I want this so badly. I'm sick of waiting for it. Most people have a baby about 9 months after trying for one. Here we are, about that long later and not even pregnant yet. When I really think about it, it makes me really sad.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio