Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 8, 2011

What a difference a day makes.

I did tons and tons of research yesterday on getting healthy for this next cycle. Things I'm going to be doing/trying:


1. Quitting smoking - Sunday is my last day. I've quit before, cold turkey, that's usually not a problem. It's not picking it back up again months later that is usually an issue. Hopefully by "months later" I'll be pregnant and it won't be a concern!
2. Yoga - I LOVE Yoga. I haven't done it in a long time, but I've been researching good Yoga poses for fertility, so I'm excited to pick it back up again, and hopeful that it can help. :)
3. Acupuncture - I've read and heard great things about acupuncture. I went a few times in the past 2 months, but I'd like to try it again. If anything, it can't hurt!
4. Chiropractor - I've also heard some great things about chiropractic care and infertility. Again - it can't hurt!
5. Diet - No, I'm not going on a diet. But I am changing my diet. I eat/drink a lot of processed foods and non-natural sugars (think Juicy Juice). I've done a lot of research on superfoods for fertility (fruits, veggies, dark leafy greens), as well as things to stay away from (red meat, tap water, soy products).
6. Pre-natal - I've read both that women who take a pre-natal monthly are more likely to become pregnant, and the opposite - that it has no effect. However, it can't hurt. Plus, taken before pregnancy it can help prevent neural tube defects like spina bifida. I vow to try and take my pre-natal everyday this month.
7. Water - such a no brainer, but it's actually not that easy for me to drink the recommended amount of water daily (half your body weight in ounces). I did pretty well with this last month and had EWCM for the first time - maybe it helped! Again - CAN'T HURT! So I'm going to try and bring my water bottle with me and fill it up at least twice during my work day.
8. Relaxing - this is impossible and offensive. BUT I do have to admit, it seems to have worked for my BiFF, so.. I can't help but make a concentrated effort to be more relaxed this cycle. Maybe I'll schedule a massage, more time with my friends, and some retail therapy. :)
9. Positive thinking - I've been reading about the power of positive thinking. A website called Circle + Bloom really pushes this mindset. "Our programs are based on extensive research that shows the power of visualization, along with the brain-body connection, can play a key role in health, including reproductive health. Because the body cannot tell the difference between what it is actually experiencing versus what you are only visualizing, we can essentially communicate directly with our body and instruct it to function in a certain way. These techniques have been used to help people with cancer, high blood pressure, back pain, and now it is finally brought to you to help reproductive health." I think it makes sense, and again - can't hurt! I'm a big worrier. Lots of anxiety. Always over analyzing and imagining "what if". I think it makes a lot of sense that your body thinks you're actually going through something if you're constantly worrying about it, or just worrying in general. Anxiety changes your hormones, and getting pregnant is all about hormones. This is going to be the toughest thing to change, but I'm going to do my best.


Hoping for a January 2012 baby! :D




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio