Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 8, 2011

AMAZING!

I'm not at liberty to discuss how I came across this information, but I learned today that not only is there a program where New York State pays your IVF costs -- but MY infertility clinic is one of only TWELVE in New York State that participates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, we're not ready for IVF yet. Probably about a year away. I figure 1 more Femara cycle, at least 3 IUIs if not more. Our doctor may want to try injectables, who knows. So I'd say we're 6 months - 1 year away from IVF. BUT - the point is, this is ridiculously amazing news. To even have the OPPORTUNITY for free IVF is crazy.

Basically the program was created with leftover "tobacco" money, whatever that means, by Governor Pataki. The program ran from April 2008 - March 2010. 8 or 9 women at my clinic participated. According to my fertility clinic, New York state made these women wait a YEAR for their money, and therefore a year for their IVF treatment. Clearly, the program wasn't perfect even when it was running. My clinic is unaware as to whether there is money left or if the program is even still running. Since the program ended, every Governor has been trying to get their hands on the money.

BUT the point is - IF the program is still running and there is still money left, MY fertility clinic is going to get some, and I'M on the list of a few gals to be informed if/when this does happen. That is AMAZING! I truly almost cried when I heard about it. I know, I know - we're not at IVF yet. BUT if we get there, it's nice to know that we could *possibly* be getting some financial help with it.

Keep your fingers crossed (that we never need IVF, first of all) that they keep up with this program!!!!!

NYS Infertility Demonstration Project




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio