Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

IVF update and blog challenge days 16 & 17...


Meet our babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aren't they the cutest little cells you've ever seen? Erin says the top one has Doug's eyes ;)

I am officially PUPO - pregnant until proven otherwise!

Transfer day went well. We got up, Doug gave me my progesterone injection and I took my valium with some breakfast and we headed to the clinic.

We got there and Dr. Sullivan was all doctor-y looking in his scrubs and I was just a ridiculous bundle of nerves. Much more so than the retrieval, which was weird.

They called us back into the procedure room, I got undressed from the waist down and laid on the table. Doug was able to stand by my head, next to the nurse who was pushing the sonogram machine on my tummy (ouch!) so that the doctor could see what he was doing. I asked for a pic of our little honeys, and their grades - 4BB and 3BB. Pretty darn great! (Best would be 6AA.) The embryologist brought our babies in and Doug and I got to watch on the screen as the catheter passed through the cervix and Dr. Sullivan deposited our babies back into their "home" as he called it :) We also got an ultrasound picture of them inside me - they look like a little white dot.

I then had to lay on the table for about 30 minutes. We listened to the playlist that Doug made and just relaxed together. Then I got dressed and we headed home.

I've been pretty uncomfortable since retrieval day, and just learned that I've been doing ALL the wrong things. I've been drinking Gatorade and intaking salt like it was my job - which is the opposite of what I was supposed to be doing for my OHSS to get better. Oops. STUPID INTERNET! So now I am completely cutting out salt, increasing protein and still pushing lots and lots of fluids and resting. NOT looking forward to going back to work in 2 days :( I hope I feel better. 8 more days until we POAS and I can be OFFICIALLY pregnant!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

We received news today that 2 of our embryos made it to freeze. It's not as many as I would have hoped, but it's still fantastic - I was told by my clinic that 80% of couples don't have anything to freeze, so we are very lucky. Those 2 will come in handy if this doesn't work, or - HOPEFULLY - down the road when we're trying for #2!! :D I am a smidge sad about the 8 that didn't make it. Poor little babies. <3 <3

Day 16 - How did you and your partner decide it was time to start trying to conceive?

Doug and I met in May 2010 and started trying in June/July!!! We met, fell in love, and I asked him which he would prefer to do first - get married or start TTC. He said, "I'm not getting any younger, let's make a baby! We can get married anytime." And you know what? THANK GOD he did. If we had dated for months, moved in together, gotten engaged, gotten married and THEN started trying - who knows what might of happened. Doug would probably be close to 40 and I'd be 30. Who knows how much our fertility might have diminished in that time. Everything happens for a reason! Now we are PUPO and on our way to being engaged. Who cares about a timeline! Thank goodness we didn't get KTFU right away.. we didn't even know each other. BUT it taught us that we have (okay, I have) fertility problems, and we were/are able to take care of them while I'm young, and for that I am so grateful.

Day 17 - Discuss the most ridiculous thing you have heard about conception. Where did you hear it? Did it work for someone else?  Did you try it? 

I've heard lots of silly things, and yes, I tried them all! Standing on your head after BD, instead cups, pineapple core, acupuncture - none worked, at least for me. But the most UPSETTING thing I've heard about conception is the "relax and it will happen" bullshit. Or the "stop trying" bullshit. Unbelievable. If you have a fertility problem, relaxing/not trying/going on vacation isn't going to fucking fix it. And telling someone otherwise is just INSULTING.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio