Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

25 weeks!

How far along? 25 weeks <3
Total weight gain/loss: Looks like 25 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Indeed.
Stretch marks? Unfortunately.
Sleep: I want to sleep, but can't get comfortable. And getting up to pee every hour seriously inhibits me from feeling rested in the morning. Sucks!

Best moment this week: Finding out Parker was okay, even after a big scare on Saturday.
Miss Anything? Sleeping comfortably throughout the night. 
Movement: He hasn't been as active lately.. I swear he's running out of room even though last week the ultrasound tech said he had tons of room in there.

Food cravings: Cherry Coke, ice cream, apple juice, Smores.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. 
Labor Signs: Nope. Thank goodness, let's keep it that way.
Belly Button in or out? It's getting close to being OUT for good.

Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. A bit nervous, but happy. 

Looking forward to: 3D ultrasound. Feeling hiccups. My shower - only 6 5 weeks away! Concerts next week! (Weezer was super fun!) Getting the changing table in and set up! Finishing quilt. Finishing crochet blanket I started for him. Seeing him again on Friday.

Soo, Parker wasn't that active on Friday. I got a bit worried a few times, but I listened to his heart twice and he was fine. Doug convinced me I was just being paranoid. Maybe he was sleeping, or growing, or just in a position where I couldn't feel him as good. 

Saturday, I just wasn't feeling good. I drove to Joann Fabrics and almost passed out in the car. NOT fun. I came home to just relax. And started spotting. I freaked out. Text Doug, told him he needed to come home immediately. Called the doc. While I waited to hear back from him I packed a bag (luckily for me I had made an "emergency hospital bag" list.. if I hadn't of had that, I would have walked around the house aimlessly putting random shit into a bag). Doc had told me if I bled after 24 weeks, it would probably buy me a few days in the hospital. So I wanted to have a few things, just in case. While I was packing this bag, I started cramping. So I stopped, chugged a bunch of water and sat down and put my feet up.

Doug got home (in record time), and we still hadn't heard from doc. I knew he would tell us to go to the hospital, so we left. He called when we were in route and directed us to a different hospital than I was planning on giving birth at. Reason being, if Parker was coming at that moment, this other hospital was better prepared to deal with a "24 weeker", as the doctor called him. We headed there. When I hung up with the doc, I started crying. I couldn't imagine him coming so early.

At the hospital everyone was SUPER nice, and everything went really fast. They hooked me up to monitors - one to read his heartbeat, one to read mine, and one to monitor any contractions I might be having. Both of our hearts were fine, and I wasn't having contractions. I gave a urine sample, they did a pap smear and the nurse checked my cervix - long and closed. They did a biophysical profile - P passed with flying colors.

No reason for the spotting. Was it from the placenta moving? No one knew. My doctor, who they were consulting with on the phone, said for them to give me a betamethasone shot - a steroid that would help prepare Parker's lungs in case this was an indication that he was going to come early. I got it in the butt and didn't even flinch.

He also said that if I wasn't contracting and I felt comfortable - I could go home. So I did. I did NOT want to stay at this hospital. Good for preemies, not so nice for mommies. They told me if anything else were to happen, to come back. But otherwise to call my doc on Monday and go see him. 

Saw doc Monday. No real explanation as to what happened. Baby looks fine, he said. Sent me to the hospital for 2nd steroid shot. Parker's lungs are officially developed, which is odd to think about, but also comforting. He also scheduled me for another ultrasound, biophysical profile and nonstress test for Friday. I'm excited to get to see my boy again, and hoping he does really well in the tests, as I'm sure he will. 

Was a scary night. Glad Parker is okay. Hope he plans on staying in there for quite a while still, as uncomfortable as I am. 

VERY much looking forward to my shower - about 5 weeks away! Invitations sent out. Soooo cute. My mom is really excited too. 

So far I've made 2 changing pad covers, 1 fabric wrapped letter... the puff quilt is 6x5 and needs to be 8x8  before I can do the border, backing and binding... and I've started a super bulky, soft crochet blanket for him. It's adorable. I can't stop crafting!! 

I'm behind on my chalkboard pics. Gonna have to catch up on that. That's about it for now! 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio