Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

24 weeks!!!!!!

How far along? 24 weeks <3
Total weight gain/loss: About 24 lbs, but I will find out "officially" today at my doc's appt. 
Maternity clothes? Oh yes. I just bought 2 pairs of comfy shorts.. they're kinda booty shorts on me, which I DON'T like, but they are soo comfy. And a couple new (long!) tanks. 
Stretch marks? Yes. They're such an unfortunate part of this beautiful new body :(
Sleep: I love sleep.

Best moment this week: Seeing Parker's GORGEOUS face yesterday. He is seriously the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I think he looks like his brother, Mason. But he has my long fingers! (Daddy pointed out that he has long fingers too, but I need this one thing, darn it!)
Miss Anything? Last night while watching a movie, I couldn't get comfortable to save my life. I hope that's not a new thing. I have too long to go to not be able to get comfortable already!
Movement: He is VERY active!! At the 24 week ultrasound, she remarked that he was very active.

Food cravings: Cherry Coke and ice cream. Super healthy ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. 
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? We're officially starting to poke out! Holy cow! 

Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Stressed out, but very happy.

Looking forward to: 3D ultrasound. Feeling hiccups. My shower - only 7 6 weeks away! Doug coming home in 4 days. Spending the day with him on Monday. Getting our new couch. Concerts next week! (We skipped the Sublime concert - too far :( But are going to Weezer on Friday!!) Getting the changing table in and set up (should be here today!). Finishing up projects this weekend (our room, the kitchen, the dresser, the table, painting). Finishing quilt. VIABILITY in 5 days!! What an amazing milestone that was!! <3



Our appointment was good. The previa is 2.2cm away from cervix - they like to see it at least 2cm away. She (the tech) said it used to be complete, so it does appear to be moving in the right direction! Also, his kidney looks good (there was some concern at one point). And the "eccentric" placenta looks fine - it is 6cm away from the edge - again, they like to see it at least 2cm away. So that's fine, the doc will just have to be aware when he's delivering the placenta. 


She called Parker a "chunker"!! At 24 weeks he is already 1lb 13oz - just shy of 2 lbs! He is measuring TEN days early!! No wonder I'm huge!! She also commented that I have a lot of fluid - and he has "a lot of room to swim around", she said. She did say she'd be interested in the results of my glucose tolerance test. Apparently GD can cause excess fluid. And from what I'm reading, it can also cause bigger babies. Uh oh. I have that in 2 weeks... I guess we'll see! 


I lost my job on Friday. Doug was still out of town. It was a very stressful (to say the least) day. I need to look into jobs and insurance. I can't believe I'm in this spot again. It really sucks. 


But I'm happy that my little boy looks good (and big!), and I'm getting so excited to meet him! <3





0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio