Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 5, 2012

10 weeks!!

I am SO SICK of being SO SICK! Wednesdays night my throat started hurting. By Thursday, I was full on sore throat, hot/cold, headache, exhausted, body aches - you name it. Thursday was MISERABLE. I ended up sleeping most of the day to escape the misery. Friday and Saturday throat was sore, but somewhat manageable with cough drops. Sunday I woke up and was like YAY sore throat is gone! But as the day went on, my nose got worse and worse until Sunday night, I was ready to cut it off. Congested and runny and sneezy. Monday and Tuesday were MISERABLE. I tried to take as little meds as I could and suffered through. Wednesday was a bit better, I could actually breathe a little bit. But as the day/night wore on, it got worse again, and when I laid down to go to sleep, the tickly cough started. And every time I woke up Wednesday day night (which, thanks to Doug's snoring was several times) I would get that same tickly annoying cough. When Doug left for work at 5am my cough got REALLY annoying. I couldn't sleep for an hour or two after that, just coughing and tossing and turning and congested nose and MISERABLE. Fast forward a few hours to now. I took some Mucinex and a couple cough drops and the cough is suppressed, but the nose is driving me NUTS. I can't breathe and it's sniffly and just annoying. One week sick and I am going crazy. I can't take it anymore! I don't understand why every few days I exchange one symptom for another. Couldn't I have just had everything at once for a few days and then been better? This is ridic. I just can't kick this thing. It has bounced from my throat to my nose and now my chest. UGH. The most annoying thing about being pregnant - not being able to take anything when you're sick :( The nausea wasn't bad. I don't need alcohol or seafood or lunch meats. But this - this is torture. We have a million meds in the house and I can't take any of them. Sigh.

How far along? 10 weeks. <3
Total weight gain/loss: Possibly a pound or two. But it fluctuates. - Same.

Maternity clothes? Sometimes my jeans fit, sometimes I need my be-band. Regular tops are a bit too short, so my one maternity top is most comfy (and concealing!) - Same.
Stretch marks? Not yet!
Sleep: Most nights still need a Tylenol PM. Not getting up to pee as much though, if at all. <--- Still true.
Best moment this week: Unfortunately, I've been sick so it has been pretty dull. Plus I'm missing seeing baby, as I used to see him/her every week and now it's been a week and a half :(

Miss Anything? Taking meds when sick!!
Movement: Nope, but I CAN'T WAIT. <3
Food cravings: Not really.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still can't think about those certain foods without feeling icky.
Have you started to show yet: A little bit, yes! Baby is the size of a kumquat or a lime (depending on which app I look at), and I'm tiny - so I'm definitely showing a bit... and I love it!
Gender prediction: I had a dream last night that we cut into the cake and it was PINK! <3
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? Same.
Wedding rings on or off? Engagement ring on whenever I leave the house.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Sick, but happy.

Looking forward to: Our next ultrasound. Feeling baby move. Finding out the gender at the party in a month!

P.S. Yesterday was Reese's 4th birthday! My first little baby boy <3 He's my age in dog years, haha!


I can't believe he used to be so small!

I also just want to take a moment and talk about HOW EXCITED I am that a bunch of people are going to be making things out of love for our little baby!

My girlfriend Christina has graciously agreed to make a replica of the "blanky" I loved as a child. My friend Amy is going to crochet a little owl or a little giraffe for the nursery. And my friends Tiffany and Danielle are going to paint/draw art for the nursery collage! How cool to have so much homemade love for our little one. :)

I'm also super excitedly planning the gender reveal party for the day after our early gender ultrasound. My sister will take the "envelope" to the bakery, a bunch of friends are making a dish to bring, and I believe I'm going to get this invitation print from Etsy:



I'm really excited and I hope a lot of people show up to share in our celebration! I am almost certain this baby is a boy, so I will probably fall down and cry from excitement and shock if the cake really is pink like in my dream!




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio