Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

We're getting close now...

BIRTH CONTROL IS DONE! Thank God. Things haven't been so great in the Ackerman-Brennan household. I've been a nasty emotional mess of a person. Just angry and no patience and frustrated and sad and ugh.

Today will be my 6th day on Lupron. Only 3 days left until my baseline ultrasound, where they will HOPEFULLY tell me I can start stimulation injections on Friday. It's all finally happening and I couldn't be happier. Too bad all these hormones have left me unwilling to truly be happy about anything!

I've been trying to be crafty on the weekends. I made the two crafts in this post a few weekends ago, and made the below last weekend.






Truly can't tell you why the first one is upside down, what a pain in the butt lol. Oh well. I followed (for the most part) this tutorial on how to save wedding cards, but using our Christmas cards! Super easy and a great way to save these memories!

So yes, birth control is now OVER.



That was the last pill, yesterday's. I took those every day for 3 weeks. I also started Lupron on Monday. It's very easy. As with most things infertility related, the anticipation is what kills ya.

First, I wash my hands. Then I remove the needle from the package. I clean the top of the medicine bottle with an alcohol pad. I then draw back some air in the syringe, and inject that air into the bottle. I do this so that over time, pressure does not build up in the bottle. I then draw up .10cc of Lupron into the needle, tapping it to release any air bubbles. I clean an area below my belly button with an alcohol pad. Usually I have Doug do the actual injection - he pinches some skin (not so hard these days!) and jabs away! Slowly pushing the plunger to release the medicine. The whole process takes less than a minute from start to finish. We then re-cap the needle and drop it into our "sharps" container that we keep on top of the fridge. Our kitchen truly looks like a lab, between the fridge of meds, the sharps container and the huuuuge box of needles and alcohol pads.





The injection itself stings a little, but it's really not bad. I am starting to look like a pin cushion though. Here's Doug and I being goofy and documenting our first injection!




I will continue taking the Lupron until they tell me to stop. Only about 2 weeks left. I. Can't. Believe. It!!!!


 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio