Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week #4, signature look!

I've been so excited about this week! I really put love into this dress, I'm so excited with how it turned out, and how it fit and photographed on my little model!

This is the Marley dress, named after my friend's adorable daughter.

I knew I wanted an elastic neckline, for a fun textured look. I knew I wanted a "sash", and poofy girly sleeves (tutorial by Dana, of course). When I thought about what would give the dress a "fall" look, I knew cord had to be it. And I LOVE this pairing of colors together.. very fall!

I love the super fun pockets.. I kind of "wung" those, the ruffle was a little top heavy, so now I know why you never see those on top of pockets ;) But I still think it came out cute! Without further delay, the Marley dress..










4 comments:

zoeope said...

Very lovely done. Love the cord fabric for the season. Love the different colours coming together to play! The flower, pockets and sash is my favourite. Well done.

Esseline said...

Wow, I love this dress. Very good!
Esseline (Netherlands)

Simple Simon and Company said...

That is the sweetest dress ever!!! Love it!
Elizabeth

Mary Jo said...

Really cute dress! Caught my eye right away. Love the pockets - I think the ruffles totally work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio